Related Articles “I know that if I was going through this offseason as a rookie, I wouldn’t be in the NFL,” Thielen told the Pioneer Press. Chris has won six awards in the past three Pro Football Writers of America contests. Some options, Focus on Packers: Playing Green Bay might just be what the 49ers need. GET BREAKING NEWS IN YOUR BROWSER. So, that part is difficult (for undrafted free agents), but at the same time it’s a unique situation that nobody could have anticipated.”. Tim Walz’s mandate restricting gatherings to 250 people, and that would have to change or they would need to get permission to exceed that number for games at U.S. Bank Stadium. Kurtenbach: If the 49ers move on from Garoppolo, who would replace him? Focus on Packers: Playing Green Bay might just be what the 49ers need He was a longtime NBA writer with the Akron Beacon Journal, Rocky Mountain News and AOL FanHouse. MN There were no on-field drills this past spring, and NFL teams might be allowed just 80 players in training camp and have no preseason games. With the NFL agreeing to test players daily for coronavirus during at least during the first two weeks of training camp and enacting other safety measures, Thielen is confident the league will make the situation as safe and successful as possible. Jon Becker is a digital producer for the Bay Area News Group. A team official said the Vikings are well aware of Minnesota Gov. (Photo by Hannah Foslien/Getty Images), Stefon Diggs #14 of the Minnesota Vikings congratulates teammate Adam Thielen #19 after he scored a touchdown in the third quarter against the New York Giants at MetLife Stadium on October 06, 2019 in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Vikings rookies, quarterbacks and selected other players reported Thursday to the TCO Performance Center in Eagan for the start of camp; Thielen and other veterans will report Tuesday. But it’s definitely going to be a different year.”. “There’s no chance. We want to be around our teammates. I don’t know. When asked what he would say to any worried Vikings fans, Thielen said simply, “Watch the game Saturday.”, Get Morning Report and other email newsletters. “There’s no chance. Report: Packers’ A.J. Kurtenbach: Why Garoppolo and Kittle’s injuries are a twisted blessing for the 49ers, “Even if I was 30 percent, I’d be out there,” Diggs said. I won’t let a little flu keep me from the game.”. But his profile has increased enough in recent years to be sought out for endorsements. Tim Walz’s mandate restricting gatherings to 250 people, and that would have to change or they would need to get permission to exceed that number for games at U.S. Bank Stadium. We want to play football, but we also want to make sure we’re protected, and that the league is taking serious our protections because we’re giving up a lot to play this game.”. Our goal with article comments is to provide a space for civil, informative and constructive conversations. Dillon among handful of new NFL COVID cases GET BREAKING NEWS IN YOUR BROWSER. “We want to get out there. It remains uncertain how many, if any, fans will attend games this season. Adam Thielen beat the odds in 2013, but he wouldn’t be feeling as good if he were trying to make an NFL team in 2020. Nonetheless, Thielen’s injury and Diggs’ illness has caused plenty of angst for Vikings fans this week, who worry their team’s chances against the 49ers will take a big hit with the star receivers at less than 100 percent. But I got a couple days so I’m going to take it one day at a time to try to be out there on Saturday and try to help my teammates, “That’s my mindset — do whatever it takes to get out there Saturday and try to help this team win.”, Diggs, though, said there were never any doubt that he’d be playing on Saturday. 56501, 2020 is no ordinary year, and this is no ordinary Women 360 magazine, From winter to fall and back to winter again, Lakers sweep D-G-F for fifth straight victory, Audubon man dies Monday in one-car crash on Hwy 34, Ex-Vikings stars happy to see Dalvin Cook tie their single-game TD mark. … We want to play, and that’s the truth,” said Thielen, the Vikings’ first union alternate after player rep Kirk Cousins. “Nothing is going to be perfect, and a lot of guys have bumps and bruises. So, whatever that takes, we’re willing to do.”. Some options Now, he hates to see that some players this year in similar spots might not get a chance to be noticed. … We want to play, and that’s the truth,” said Thielen, the Vikings’ first union alternate after player rep Kirk Cousins. Before coming to Minnesota, he covered the Miami Heat and Dolphins for Fox Sports. When the then-unknown wide receiver made the Vikings practice squad seven years ago as an undrafted free agent out of Division II Minnesota State Mankato, he had a rookie minicamp, spring drills and four preseason games to show what he could do, and the Vikings had a 90-man training camp roster. CLICK HERE TO TURN ON NOTIFICATIONS. Detroit Lakes, Dillon among handful of new NFL COVID cases, Thanks to Dalvin Cook, Vikings’ Kirk Cousins doesn’t need to throw much on windy day, Man killed in Crystal shooting was 26-year-old from St. Paul, Here’s a map of how many Minnesotans voted early, Worker, 34, dies in accident at St. Paul trash collection facility. Twin Cities businesses staying open, but some boarding up as precaution before Election Day, Tuesday coronavirus update: Another daily record for infections and hospitalizations, No additional trades for Vikings, who still have some hope of a playoff run, This website uses cookies to improve your experience. “It’s one of those things where you kind of just figure it out as we go,” Thielen said. Vikings’ Mike Zimmer says injured Cameron Dantzler could play Sunday So, that part is difficult (for undrafted free agents), but at the same time it’s a unique situation that nobody could have anticipated.”. We want to play football, but we also want to make sure we’re protected, and that the league is taking serious our protections because we’re giving up a lot to play this game.”. “I’m just focused on today right now,” Thielen told reporters after practice Thursday. “We want to get out there. Adam Thielen beat the odds in 2013, but he wouldn’t be feeling as good if he were trying to make an NFL team in 2020. Vikings receiver Adam Thielen didn’t practice Thursday, a day after receiving stitches for a bad cut on his ankle suffered during a practice mishap, but vowed to do whatever it takes to play Saturday against the 49ers. Kurtenbach: Why Garoppolo and Kittle’s injuries are a twisted blessing for the 49ers. And to think that seven years ago Thielen went undrafted, didn’t immediately get a free-agent contract, and had to survive a rookie tryout camp just to earn a spot in spring drills. “And looking forward to the future.”. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! By continuing to use the site, you accept our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. He wouldn’t reveal exactly how he got hurt, other than he got tangled up with a teammate. We reserve the right to remove any comment we deem to be defamatory, rude, insulting to others, hateful, off-topic or reckless to the community. “I know that if I was going through this offseason as a rookie, I wouldn’t be in the NFL,” Thielen told the Pioneer Press. That includes becoming a spokesman for Gone Rogue High Protein Chips, which are available at Hy-Vee stores in Minnesota and six other Midwestern states. A team official said the Vikings are well aware of Minnesota Gov. EAGAN, Minn. -- Adam Thielen beat the odds in 2013, but he wouldn’t be feeling as good if he were trying to make an NFL team in 2020. Now, he hates to see that some players this year in similar spots might not get a chance to be noticed. “Obviously, we’d love to play in front of a packed stadium, but who knows what it’s going to look like. That includes becoming a spokesman for Gone Rogue High Protein Chips, which are available at Hy-Vee stores in Minnesota and six other Midwestern states. And the NFL has established a roster cut to 80 players unless teams want to operate in a split-squad format. Thielen, who emerged from an injury-filled regular season to grab seven passes for 129 yards in the Vikings’ 26-20 wild-card round victory over the Saints on Sunday, didn’t participate in practice Thursday and was officially listed as questionable against the 49ers. Diggs, who couldn’t practice on Tuesday and Wednesday while battling the flu, returned to practice in Eagan, Minn. Thursday. And to think that seven years ago Thielen went undrafted, didn’t immediately get a free-agent contract, and had to survive a rookie tryout camp just to earn a spot in spring drills. When will we find out the presidential election results? Thielen, who first made the Vikings’ 53-man roster in 2014, is entering his seventh NFL season and has made two Pro Bowls. Vikings’ Adam Thielen questionable for 49ers…, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), The Latest: Vermont’s Republican governor votes for Biden, Vikings’ Adam Thielen questionable for 49ers with badly cut ankle, Top takeaways from 49ers HQ in Tuesday primer before Packers visit, Kurtenbach: If the 49ers move on from Garoppolo, who would replace him? (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images), CLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos on a mobile device. But his profile has increased enough in recent years to be sought out for endorsements. In an interview set up by Gone Rogue Snacks, which Thielen is endorsing, he discussed a variety of topics. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, Vikings players might not have any of those things this year. “It’s been a great partnership so far,” Thielen said. Ex-Vikings stars happy to see Dalvin Cook tie their single-game TD mark Adam Thielen #19 of the Minnesota Vikings celebrates scoring a touchdown against the Oakland Raiders during the first quarter of the game at U.S. Bank Stadium on September 22, 2019 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It remains uncertain how many, if any, fans will attend games this season. In an interview set up by Gone Rogue Snacks, which Thielen is endorsing, he discussed a variety of topics. So, at the end of the day, we’re athletes, we have to figure out how to adapt and figure out how to make the most of any situation. See our full terms of use As you comment, please be respectful of other commenters and other viewpoints. CLICK HERE TO TURN ON NOTIFICATIONS. But it’s definitely going to be a different year.”. We just want to play football, and we want to make sure that we’re safe and others are safe as well. Nov 17, 2019; Minneapolis, MN, USA; Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Adam Thielen (19) participates in warm-ups before the start of a game against the Denver Broncos at U.S. Bank Stadium Nov. 17, 2019. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, Vikings players don’t have those things this year. Thanks to Dalvin Cook, Vikings’ Kirk Cousins doesn’t need to throw much on windy day. “You have to try to make the most of your situation, and you can’t control a lot of it,” Thielen said of this year’s undrafted free agents. “And looking forward to the future.”. So, whatever that takes, we’re willing to do.”, Thielen is coming off an injury-riddled 2019 season in which he missed six games and caught just 30 passes for 418 yards, well down from his 113 receptions for 1,373 yards in 2018. OK. Chris joined the Pioneer Press in 2013 to cover the Vikings. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Jeffrey Becker / USA TODAY Sports, 511 Washington Avenue, Post was not sent - check your email addresses! (Photo by Hannah Foslien/Getty Images), Adam Thielen #19 of the Minnesota Vikings avoids a tackle by Curtis Riley #35 of the Oakland Raiders during the first quarter of the game at U.S. Bank Stadium on September 22, 2019 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. While Thielen beat the odds in 2013 as an undrafted free agent, he's not sure he could now with the coronavirus pandemic, David Berding / USA TODAY Sports, Sep 22, 2019; Minneapolis, MN, USA; Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Adam Thielen (19) avoids the tackle of Oakland Raiders free safety Curtis Riley (35) for a 35 yard touchdown pass from quarterback Kirk Cousins (not shown) during the first quarter at U.S. Bank Stadium.

Bush Pilot Training Idaho, Peugeot Dpf Additive Reset, My Favorite Possession Essay, Claire Ince Maiden Name, You Up With Nikki Glaser Cancelled, Ibanez Gio Gax70, The Needle Drop Merch, Pine Nut Allergy Foods To Avoid, Demi Lovato Stay Strong, Davido When I Look Into Your Eyes,