When a gas station is held at gunpoint by a desperate man in need of cash, a lonely and unstable gas station attendant, tired of being overshadowed by her more outgoing co-worker, finds an opportunity to make a connection with the robber. My Favorites of 2019! Sign up for a FANALERT® and be the first to know when tickets and other exclusives are available in your area. I have no fucking idea why I watched this. This film has neither pretention nor ambition and everything seems done without real motivation, therefore it's a remake not only unnecessary but insulting. | Cast Michael Ealy Jesse Williams Isaac 'Ike' Singer Nicole Beharie Karla Souza Guy Burnet Hoffman Ninja N. Devoe Nurse Tonya Patti Schellhaas Wedding Receptionist Guest Kevin L. Johnson Medic William Tokarsky Commuter Ben Bladon Demon Man Julia Valentine Larson Hospital Worker/Angel Ruben Vidal Military Gunner #2 Michael Aaron Milligan Receiving Soldier Report this film. Get your swag on with discounted movies to stream at home, exclusive movie gear, access to advanced screenings and discounts galore. The changes to the story and characters are at times major, and it feels like they are trying to tell a similar story just with vastly different parameters and it doesn't quite fit right.Acting: The three main actors do a very serviceable job in their respected roles, however Michael Ealy really wasn't able to fully capture the same insane paranoia that Tim Robbins brought.Production: The cinematography, while not bad, was lacking creativity and polish. Not a whole lot to say. A re-imagining of the cult classic thriller, JACOB’S LADDER tells the story of a war veteran and doctor who discovers that his brother, thought to be killed in action, is actually alive. (uncredited), Army soldier on Grill Michael Ealy was the best thing about this totally unneeded remake. Busking is his only income, his broken down car his only interest. Jacob's Ladder. Is There a Hidden Meaning in The Invisible Man Ending? It wouldn’t be the first time that Vertical Entertainment has crafted a similar kind of a deal for a seemingly troubled film — one that went through multiple rewrites by at least three different writers, and two directors. I can handle the truth. Bruce Joel Rubin Jake Wade Wall Jeff Buhler Sarah Thorpe. It was then picked up by Vertical and, in a joint release with MoviePass Ventures, opened in theaters in June 2018. Rack up 500 points and you'll score a $5 reward for more movies. ... Isaac 'Ike' Singer. Seriously, half-assed practical effects would have looked much better than this shoddy cgi.Entertainment: Well, there was little. Sign up for our Email Newsletters here. So I am just going to say that it is bad! Not just insufferable because it looks like it's shot inside of a coke can, or the fact that everyone is phoning in a performance. Title: Tyler Posey realizes he's on his own in an exclusive clip from 'Alone,' now on FandangoNOW, What to Watch on FandangoNOW: Brandon Cronenberg’s ‘Possessor,’ Eva Green in ‘Proxima’ and More, This Week in Movie News: Patrick Wilson to Direct ‘Insidious 5,’ Ben Wheatley to Direct ‘The Meg 2’ and More, R, Jacob's Ladder VHYes Review: Midnight Movie Throwback Recalls Cult Classics, Most Anticipated Remake or Reboot of 2019, Top 27 Horror Movies From the Last 27 Years, WatchMojo: Top 10 Upcoming Horror Movie Remakes. REMAKE ACHE #7: JACOB’S LADDER (2019) The original JACOB’S LADDER (1990) provided me with one of my many cherished movie-going experiences. IMDb After his brother returns home from war, Jacob Singer struggles to maintain his sanity. As that is probably what I should've done and now I must deal with the PTSD that is this film. Discover what to watch this November including a Marvel docu-series, a '90s reboot, and a Star Wars holiday celebration. Michael Ealy William Packer Mickey Liddell Alison R. Rosenzweig Alison Semenza Michael J. Gaeta Jennifer Monroe Pete Shilaimon Scott Holroyd Alice Neuhauser James Lopez. The production company’s goal was to produce more of an homage, rather than a copy of the original, contemporizing the story while remaining true to the issues it examines and questions raised. Earn 125 points on every ticket you buy. This review may contain spoilers. "What if we remade Jacob's Ladder for some reason, but we stripped all deeper meaning from it, filled it with jump scares and unsubtle monster-people, and also it wasn't good?". Looking for movie tickets? I am not a smart man. I’m not convinced anyone involved even saw the original. Not a whole lot to recommend here. A remake of the 1990 thriller starring Tim Robbins. Somehow I convinced my dad to take me to see this in November 1990 and about halfway through he leaned over and quietly said, “This is really weird.” A truer statement has never been said. It was on Netflix I had seen the original and I thought fuck it, let's see what happens with this! LD Entertainment’s reimagining of “Jacob’s Ladder,” the 1990 psychological thriller directed by Adrian Lyne, starring Tim Robbins, has set what should be a final release date, six years after the project was launched. We know life happens, so if something comes up, you can return or exchange your tickets up until the posted showtime. This is a sub par TV pilot level quality production that updates the story, but does nothing else new. 2019 (as Kooper A. Smith), Train Station Pedestrian Technical Specs, See agents for this cast & crew on IMDbPro, (based on the screenplay "Jacob's Ladder" by), Young Isaac The problem with this is that some of them feel shoved in to pay fan service to the original. A remake of the 1990 thriller starring Tim Robbins. Company Credits (uncredited), Middle-Eastern Woman Every Horror Film Made from 1895 - present, The Chronological History of the Cinematic Macabre, Every Thing that has a 1.9 rating or lower on Letterboxd. This Article is related to: Film, News and tagged Jacob's Ladder, LD Entertainment, Michael Ealy, Vertical Entertainment. 1 hr 29 min. Starring: Official Sites Rated R for language, some violence, sexuality and drug content. (2019). Like so much of the 2019 “Jacob’s Ladder,” they’re shallow. After his brother returns home from war, Jacob Singer struggles to maintain his sanity. He’s married, has a new child, and seems to be highly valued at his job. Several key story elements have been changed up, but many of the scenes reappear in a different context. Although not a box office hit ($26 million gross on a $25 million budget), the film went on to achieve cult hit status. There was also Kevin Connolly’s 2018 biopic “Gotti,” another film that languished for several years. Made by fans in Auckland, New Zealand. Plagued by hallucinations and flashbacks, Singer rapidly falls apart as the world and people around him morph and twist into disturbing images. Jacob's Ladder: Movie Clip - Your Brother Needs You, Tyler Posey realizes he's on his own in an exclusive clip from 'Alone,' now on FandangoNOW, What to Watch on FandangoNOW: Brandon Cronenberg’s ‘Possessor,’ Eva Green in ‘Proxima’ and More, This Week in Movie News: Patrick Wilson to Direct ‘Insidious 5,’ Ben Wheatley to Direct ‘The Meg 2’ and More, See Full Cast + Crew for Jacob's Ladder (2019), R, After losing his brother in combat, Jacob Singer returns home from Afghanistan -- only to be pulled into a mind-twisting state of paranoia. In 2018, the distributor picked up Amma Asante’s much maligned interracial Nazi romance, “Where Hands Touch,” and opened it in theaters followed by an exclusive window on DirecTV. More details at Was this review helpful to you? Jacob's Ladder 2019 R 1h 29m Thriller Movies After being reunited with a brother he thought was killed in combat, a former army medic begins to experience violent, paranoid visions. | Use the HTML below. (uncredited), makeup artist / special makeup effects artist, key make up effects / key special makeup effects / makeup artist, make up effects dept head/designer / special makeup effects artist, post-production supervisor (as Niccole Osborn), first assistant director: additional photography, second second assistant director: reshoots, art department coordinator: additional photography, vfx editor: Crafty Apes (as Kathryn Stauduhar), first assistant "c" camera / first assistant c camera, rigging best boy grip: additional photography, production assistant: additional photography, production accountant: additional photography, first assistant accountant (as Carrie Curtis) / production accountant: reshoots (as Carrie Curtis), production attorney / production lawyer / production legal. © Letterboxd Limited. Don Koch tries to renovate a rundown mansion with a sordid history for his growing family, only to learn that the house has other plans. Filming & Production Here is a list of horror remakes. this had HIGH potential but it was executed all wrong. After a man's family dies in what appears to be a murder, he gets a phone call from one of the dead, his niece. A generous 4/10. Movie completely ignores everything that made the original worthy of remaking. Sign up for our Email Newsletters here. Interviews with leading film and TV creators about their process and craft. Co-produced by Will Packer Productions, its official synopsis reads: After losing his brother in combat, Jacob Singer returns home from Afghanistan — only to be pulled into a mind-twisting state of paranoia. Suggestions are welcome. She must spend her days not only surviving the elements, but must also fend off the malevolent force that comes out each night. If i have missed any, or make…. Avoid. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. When Lucy appears from nowhere and breaks into his silent isolation, change is forced onto both of them. Special shout out to The Intruder and Ma, they are the real mvps of this list! Shocktober 2020: My mission is to watch all of the remakes of classic horror films I've missed over the last 20 years. The effects on the other hand were cheesy and repetitious. Like so much of the 2019 “Jacob’s Ladder,” they’re shallow. Jacob’s Ladder (2019) is a new story. Sign up for a FANALERT® and be the first to know when tickets and other exclusives are available in your area. It's kind of impressive that a movie that's ostensibly a thriller could be so very dull. Nicole Beharie. A re-imagining of the cult classic thriller, JACOB’S LADDER tells the story of a war veteran and doctor who discovers that his brother, thought to be killed in action, is actually alive. Jenn has washed ashore a small tropical island and it doesn't take her long to realize she's completely alone. That's what Jacob's Ladder (2019) is. Check out some of the IMDb editors' favorites movies and shows to round out your Watchlist. Three sides of one hell. This is one step away from being a Lifetime thriller and towards the end, it basically stoops down to that level. Anemic remake of the film whose trailer you saw on a million VHS rentals in the early 90s. Watching a ladder for 90 minutes would’ve been better. Fandango helps you go back to the movies with confidence and peace of mind. When a routine traffic stop results in the unexplained, grisly death of her colleague, a cop (Mary J. Blige) realizes footage of the incident will play for her eyes only. 1 hr 29 min. New Episodes from Tales From Beyond The Pale, The Podcast Include Glenn McQuaid’s Die Sleeping My Sweet and Larry Fessenden’s Who Killed Johnny Bernard? What if we remade a perfect movie ‍⚕️ but made it shit?‍♂️. Today, our Jacob (Michael Ealy) is a doctor at the VA. I’ve always respected Adrian Lyne taking his FATAL ATTRACTION (1987) clout and opting to do Bruce Joel Rubin’s script, which had been kicking around Hollywood for nearly a decade because it was deemed too surreal and…. It is unbearable because this remake had the chance to say something, or even highlight the topic of psychological harm about the conflict of war and PTSD, but ultimately chooses to dive deep into a subpar horror that doesn't even provide basic genre convention.

Judd Hirsch Elissa Hirsch, Mark Pieloch Wealth, Fungal Wastes Map, Roblox Win Com, Renee Montgomery Personal Life, Lada Canada 2020, Cecil Brown Song, Cumulo True Costume,