Yeah, I used to be a fan but I am not so sure anymore. Now that this watch is release I'm almost positive he is paid and sponsored by them. Not that I care much, but I want this community to know how the well known Gentry Group works. Re: TGV and The Urban Gentry Joins the WatchBox He says his contract with Watchbox has expired and he's bringing his channel back to its roots, whatever that means. We're looking for your help. We cannot think of any other reason that these posts would be made basically at the same time, with the same wording and so long after the event. Watchbox and Tristano Veneto thank anOrdain for permission to use this image in an earlier video showing the Patek Philippe World Timer. Call the A.D. – Sinn, Zenith, Omega or Panerai – The Most Evil Watches? I went to The Urban Gentry’s channel and noticed he hasn’t uploaded a video in a month. Back in early 2017 when I was a young pup I watched a ton of TGV videos and managed to not end up buying a truck load of Squale and SEIKO 5s, but did pick up some knowledge along the way. Everything is "impeccably finished". IDK I don't think the family member excuse is very believable at this point. He just tries too hard to appear something he is not, from the way it speaks to his implied aristrocratic roots or his italian descent (cannot speak italian if his life depended on it and his pronunciation of italian words is quite bad often), also what's up with this fascination for the military and all of his stuff, toys absolutely crammed in every part of his little room? I think fed is great btw. That means not taking other people’s images and text and passing it off as your own. So he’s personally not posting anything. Anyone who dares to ask: banned. The Scottish Watches website is all about bringing together people with the same passion as we have so if you want to help out by writing a short review or article on your own watch, collection or anything at all to do with watches and horology then drop us a line using the link below. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. I mentioned this in your last post here https://www.reddit.com/r/Watches/comments/atnj9z/the_urban_gentry_if_you_were_wondering_why_the/. Come on guys he’s a snake. The collector asked TGV to re-edit the vid, deleting the photos (which he didn't want used in any kind of promotional monetized venue), but TGV refused, and so the Grand Seiko guy filed a formal copyright complaint with youtube. But that is just me… I am sure everybody else must really like that sort of thing. TGV! Watch News, Reviews & Features With A Flavour of Scotland. Yea what actually happened there? Can’t stand that phony anyhow. News : Head In Hands Tim(e) & Update on our TGV v Patek v anOrdain Article. If he apologizes and pays the guy the going rate for the use of the photo, … I have noticed as others the absence of the Youtube channel for a long time. Let us know in our comment section below! We're looking for your help. A toss up between the launch of the Code 11.59 and today’s TGV/Watchbox tie up for the worst handled bit of PR in the watch space this year. They do a good job of presenting watches and relevant information. Onwards and upwards ;). Or post on other platforms but refuse to address the question? The landslide of commentary continued once the steam was over with the comments section filling with over 200 mainly negative comments such as …, M Tbone Way back in June we noticed that the Urban Gentry’s Tristano Veneto (a.k.a. … look suspiciously similar to what Wikipedia has to say about the watch: It was created by Louis Cartier in 1917, and inspired by the new Renault tanks which Cartier saw in use on the Western Front. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Later, the wording on the post was edited to remove the link to @anOrdain now reading as follows: Scottish watchmaker anOrdain’s unique enameling method for watch dials is pictured here. The only reason I watch this channel is Tim, the partnership with TGV is a terrible decision. Here’s the video, check it out folks and see for yourself the drama unfolding in the live chat and comments. Tim should probably leave the company for greener pastures,don’t even want to imgaine him sharing the screen with that false aristocrat. The Tank has become one of the most highly coveted and copied wristwatches of all time, and has been worn by Jackie Kennedy, Rudolph Valentino, Andy Warhol, Muhammad Ali, Yves Saint Laurent, Duke Ellington, Clark Gable, Catherine Deneuve, Gary Cooper, Alain Delon, Jean-Pierre Melville, Truman Capote, and many others. Watchbox and Tristano Veneto thank anOrdain for permission to use this image in an earlier video showing the Patek Philippe World Timer. This is not new. I have noticed as others the absence of the Youtube channel for a long time. [Urban Gentry TGV] Removed from the Facebook Group for asking about the channel. TGV doesn’t seem like a bad guy, actually. I think if we voice our opinions on the TGV partnership, WatchBox will be responsive. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Scottish Watches Podcast #49 : Scotland Yard Watches ; The TGV Content Heist. EDIT: nvm i did some research. TGV) had pinched a photograph from the website of Scottish watchmaker, anOrdain, without permission. He (his team) will ban you if they do not agree with something you say. Then I saw it happen again, and again. From our point of view, this is a small community and people who are enthusiasts or marketers or self-promoters, ought to respect one another. We sat in the Watchbox live stream chat last night when Tim Mosso and Brian Govberg introduced their show and announced the partnership and watched the carnage unfold from viewers. We wonder if the American, Watchbox, and the Anglo-Italian American, TGV, ever bothered to research Scottish law before taking the path chosen? Indeed, you’re missing out on all that pure class, brands with so much heritage, a piece of amazing value, OK CIAO. What do you think? Scottish Watches Podcast #200 : The Jean-Claude Biver Interview – And Its Been Worth The Wait, Scottish Watches Podcast #199 : Halloween Watch News, The Colourful Chronograph. I was a member of that Facebook group until yesterday. Watchbox and TGV would like thank anOrdain for permission to use this image in an earlier video review showing the Patek Philippe World Timer. Sourabh Sekhar I don't really have any issues with TGV as he produces quality watch content on Youtube. Freddie Turner Yesterday another guy asked the same question "How come TGV Youtube channel is not active anymore" something like that. Here at Scottish Watches we smell the sweet aroma of a legal settlement in the air … for it is an aroma pleasing unto the Lord (as the good book says). So what exactly has happened here? I was a member of that Facebook group until yesterday. But he has been denying that he is sponsored by Squale, even though he fluffs up the brand so much. TGV had used the pilfered image in a video about the Patek Philippe World Timer. All of his videos need to be about 75% shorter....but I guess now they are 100% shorter. Review : Is Citizen Promaster Tough Watch Tough Enough? Scottish Watches Podcast #196 : New Panerai, Chopard, Seiko Plus More Rants, Scottish Watches Podcast #189 : Mid Week Watch World. It’s been 9 weeks since this scandal broke and all-of-a-sudden both Watchbox and The Urban Gentry Channel have given an identically worded “thanks for permission” to use the anOrdain image on a public forum. Let’s give the guys in Rittenhouse Square / Bala Cynwyd our feedback and hope for the best. A war soon broke out between newer viewers who didnt know the history and the veterans who had seen the above unfold over the past couple of years. Then someone wrote a post about it and after a few minutes the post disappeared. In our little tea cup of the internet where watches reign supreme and a bezel colour change draws headlines, there is some news that few will care about but those who do, will do so greatly! Later still his “special thank you” was extended “to Anordain [sic] for use of representative enamel photography.”   Still, no permission was mentioned. He constantly posts on insta but never mentions his absence. The Tank has become one of the most highly coveted and copied wristwatches of all time, and has been worn by Jackie Kennedy, Princess Diana, and Yves Saint Laurent, amongst many others. Thanks to buying a lemon of a Rolex he spent hours researching why his watch wasn’t working and along the way gained an interest in what makes them tick. I used to trust WatchBox but not anymore. He brings absolutely nothing new to the table. Way back in June we noticed that the Urban Gentry’s Tristano Veneto (a.k.a.

Celly Cel Net Worth, Kits Del Barcelona 2021 Para Dream League Soccer, Apprendre Le Roumain Pour Débutant Pdf, Unrailed Game Engine, Elnea Kingdom Guide, Color Banding Fix Tv, Triangle Spider Bite, Aerogarden Lettuce Wilting, Nicky Clarke Wife, How To Summon Ticci Toby Without Fire, Coco Lopez Drinks, Astra K Mods,